Ring of Hammering: Heroic Level Artifact
The Ring of Hammering is a brass ring with Dwarven runes carved into the outer surface and common letters etched into the inner surface. The runes and letters spell out a promise between Dwarven and Human leaders to always cooperate in acts of artistry and building.
Body Slot: Finger
Property: You gain a +4 bonus to all Endurance skill checks when crafting or engineering an item.
Property: You gain the Power Attack feat while wearing the ring. If you already have this feat, this property has no effect.
Property: You gain +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls while using any weapon of the Hammer group.
Power (Daily — Martial, Weapon): Standard action. You can use shift the battlefield (fighter, level 9).
Goals of the Ring of Hammering:
- Craft as many fine weapons and suits of armor as possible.
- Ensure all buildings and other public works are sturdy and well built.
- Foster well-being between Dwarves and Humans.
- Starting Score: 5
- You gain a level: +1d10
- You are a Dwarf or Human: +2
- You craft an item while wearing the ring: +1
- You destroy an item while wearing the ring: -2
- You destroy a building or other public works while wearing the ring: -4
The Ring pulses with power and glows a soft amber color at all times. The runes in the ring seem to shift and roll around the brass of the Ring.
- Property: When you wield a hammer, you gain a +4 bonus to attack and damage rolls.
- Power (Encounter – Martial, Weapon): Standard action. You can use reckless strike (fighter, level 7).
- Special: If you are a Human, you gain a +1 to Charisma while speaking to Dwarves. If you are a Dwarf, you gain a +1 to Charisma while speaking to Humans. If you are neither race, this special provides no bonus.
The Ring vibrates softly as if purring like a great cat.
- Property: You gain a +4 bonus to all Diplomacy rolls.
The Ring feels warm to the touch on your finger.
The Ring feels cold to the touch on your finger, and your finger turns green from the brass.
- Special: The Ring no longer grants attack and damage bonues when you wield a hammer.
Angered (0 or Lower)
The Ring loosens on the your finger and threatens to fall off at every opporunity.
- Special: You suffer a -4 penalty to all Diplomacy rolls.
When it is time to move on the Ring falls from the your finger, rolls into some nearby debris, a hole or some brush, and vanishes from found never to be seen again.