Boots of Mighty Travel: Paragon Level Artifact
The Boots are a pair of worn, yet rugged, boots made of leather and cord.
Item Slot: Feet
Property: You gain a +2 to speed.
Property: You gain a +4 AC bonus.
Property: You gain a +2 Item Bonus to Athletics checks.
Power (Daily – Martial): No action. You can use hunter’s grace (ranger, 12).
Power (Encounter – Martial, Weapon): Immediate Interrupt. You can use wrong step (ranger, 11).
Power (Daily – Martial): Standard action. You can use momentary respite (ranger, 16).
Goals of the Boots of Mighty Travel:
* The Boots wish to see and travel as many lands as possible.
* The Boots drive you to assist any and all travelers.
- Starting Score: 5
- You gain a level: +1d10
- You travel to a new land never explored before: +2
- You assist a traveler in need of help: +1 (Once per week)
- You spend more than a week in a single location: -1 (per week stationary)
- You impede the progress of a fellow traveler: -1
The Boots meld into your skin and almost become one with your feet.
- Power (Encounter – Martial): Immediate Interrupt. You can use leaping dodge (rogue, 16).
- Power (At-Will – Martial): Move action. You can use great leap (rogue, 2).
The Boots soften and form a closer bond with your feet.
- Power (Daily – Martial, Stance): Minor action. You can use undaunted stride (ranger, 10).
- Power (Encounter – Martial): Move action. You can use ignoble escape (rogue, 6). (No training in acrobatics required.)
The Boots keep your feet warm and dry at all times.
The Boots tighten on your feet and make it difficult to walk.
- Special: The Boots no longer grant a speed bonus.
- Special: The Boots no longer grant a bonus to Athletics.
Angered (0 or Lower)
The Boots cramp your feet and impede your movement at all times.
- Special: You gain a -1 penalty to speed.
When it is time to move on the Boots will simply fade from around your feet to find new lands to roam.