Slippers of the Silent Night: Heroic Level Artifact
The Slippers are made of the finest silk with a thick pad of cloth on the bottom to protect the wearer from sharp items on the ground and to silence footfalls.
Item Slot: Feet
Property: You gain a +2 Item Bonus to Stealth checks.
Property: You gain a +2 Item Bonus to Thievery checks.
Power (Encounter – Martial, Weapon): Standard Action. You can use king’s castle (rogue, 1)
Goals of the Slippers of the Silent Night:
- The Slippers wish to divert as much wealth as possible from the wealthy to the poor.
- The Slippers wish to assist as many downtrodden and enslaved people as possible.
- Starting Score: 5
- You gain a level: +1d10
- You free a slave or prisoner: +2
- You move at least 100 GP worth of valuables from a wealthy person to a poor person: +1 (Once per week)
- You steal from a poor person: -1
- You are responsible for the imprisonment or enslavement of a person: -2
The Slippers massage your feet with pleasure at your accomplishments.
- Power (At-Will – Martial): Move action. You can use shadow stride (rogue, 10).
The Slippers keep your feet at a comfortable temperature at all times.
- Power (At-Will – Martial): Immediate interrupt. You can use chameleon (rogue, 6).
The Slippers pad your footfalls even in the most difficult of situations.
The Slippers loosen their bonds on your feet and threaten to fall off.
- Special: The Slippers no longer grant a bonus to Thievery checks.
Angered (0 or Lower)
The laces on the Slippers knot around themselves impeding your steps.
- Special: The Slippers no longer grant a bonus to Stealth checks.
- Special: You gain a -1 penalty to speed.
When it is time to move on, the Slippers fall from your feet and run off into the distance outpacing even the fastest sprinter.